Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks

We take so much for granted in this world of plenty we live in. God has blessed America in many ways. It is unlike any other nation on earth.

I heard this quote once: “If you have food in your fridge, a roof over your head and a place to sleep, you are richer than 75 percent of the world.” I also heard this: “If you have money in the bank, in your wallet and some spare change, you are among the top 8 percent of the world’s wealthy.”

I have many blessings. Here are just a few of the things I am thankful for:

I'm thankful that I'm able to live on my own and be independent. But I'm also thankful that I have people around me who are here to help me when I need it.

I'm thankful for my family, who loves and supports me, My mom and my sister help me in so many ways, and I have aunts, uncles and cousins who all pray for me. It's the greatest family.

I'm thankful for my mobility. I'm grateful that I am now starting to walk with my braces. And I'm thankful that I have my scooter so I can get out and go places. I'm thankful for my truck and lift equipment, even when the lift breaks down. I'm really thankful that I'm still able to get out and do things.

I'm thankful for good friends, including all my cyber friends. Yes, even the liberals on Facebook who harass me about the political comments I post on my page.

Most of all, I'm thankful for Jesus. I'm thankful that He took me just as I was and made me a part of the family of God. I would have no hope if it wasn't for Him. He is my everything.

Count your blessings this Thanksgiving. And remember this final quote: “If you woke up this morning with more health then illness, you are more blessed than many others who will not survive this week.”

No comments:

Post a Comment