Sunday, March 3, 2019

Technology

It was 12 degrees when I got up this morning.  That's even too cold for me... and I never get cold!  I was disappointed because I couldn't go to church.  I still enjoyed a live church service this morning because of technology.

More and more churches are streaming their services live on Facebook or YouTube.  With a quick scroll through my Facebook, I found about half-a-dozen live church services.  I clicked on the page for Accelerate Church in Amarillo and watched a great sermon.  It wasn't the same as being there in person, but I was thankful I could watch it right on my laptop.

Technology is great.  I normally go to Briarwood Church on Sunday.  If I can't make it on Sunday, I can watch it later on Facebook.  Sometimes, I like to watch the sermon again in case I missed something.  I also can watch other church services on FB during the week.

It's a great way to reach others, too.  It attracts people who might never step foot in a church.  I've been inviting a friend to Briarwood and she never comes, but I found out that she's been watching it on Facebook.  Only God knows who may be watching!

Thank God for technology.  I use it for so many things.  Besides watching sermons, I read the Bible and devotions all on my computer.  It makes it really easy to research and find commentaries on the Scriptures.

Of course, I use it for other things, too.  I listen to music, read books and the newspaper and spend way too much time on Facebook.  I would be lost without the computer.  On days like this when I can't out, I rely on technology, and it gives me a whole new view of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment