Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Remember God While You're Young

I've always tried to live life in the moment. Living with the physical limitations caused by cerebral palsy, I learned to take nothing for granted. I want to live each day to the fullest, making the most of every moment God gives me.


When I was young (or at least younger), I saw each day as a great adventure. I would jump on my three-wheel bicycle and head out to explore the neighborhood. There seemed to be no limit to the things I could do, except maybe my parents' summons to be home before dark!


The older I get, though, I am quickly realizing I can't do some of the things I did when I was younger. I guess that's true for all of us. Time takes its toll on our bodies.


This should remind us that everything in this world is temporary. Nothing lasts. Our bodies and even our homes in this world are only temporary. It is only beyond this life that we will receive our permanent home. That home will either be with God in heaven, or it will be separated from God forever in hell.


Ecclesiastes 12:1-8 is a pointed narrative that describes how a young person becomes old, and, in the end, that person dies. It teaches us that we should remember God before we are too old to appreciate His goodness.

 
 
The writer of Ecclesiastes urges us not to delay. He says the right time to remember God is now. Then, you can remain grateful to Him for the rest of your life. Troubles will certainly happen to all of us, but we can't let these hard times cause us to forget God or to neglect our relationship with Him.
 
 
 
If you are young, remember God’s kindness now! Give your life to Him; do your best to serve Him all the days of your life. But if you're getting older, you still have a duty to serve God. Love God with your whole heart and trust Him completely. Remember, He created you, and He loves and cares for you.
 
 
We must remember God! After death, He will be our judge; so we must have a right relationship with Him today.

No comments:

Post a Comment