Monday, April 9, 2012

Simple Faith

I like to keep things simple. People try to make things way too hard sometimes. Life is hard enough... why make it more difficult? People try to make the message of the Gospel difficult, too. That's not the way God intended it to be.

We come to God in childlike faith. In Luke 18:17, Jesus says, "Unless you accept God's kingdom in the simplicity of a child, you'll never get in."

It's simple faith that saves us, and it's faith like a child that leads us through the trials of life. The older I get, the more I realize how much I need God and depend on Him. When life gets tough, there are times when all I can do is call on God like a little child..... and trust. He knows exactly what I need, and He comes through every time! I just have to believe.

Growing up, I wanted so desperately to be independent. Despite the struggles of my disability, I wanted to get a job and live on my own. With child-like faith, I believed all this was possible. I stepped out in faith, and God provided. I don't know how He did it. He provided a job when it seemed almost impossible that I would be able to hold a job. He gave me more than I ever could have hoped or imagined.

When I became unable to walk in 2008, it was the hardest time in my life. I couldn't get around my apartment. I eventually had to quit my job, and I didn't know how I was going to survive. I was literally as helpless as a child. During this time, God taught me again to trust Him with child-like faith.

Through all this, God STILL provided. None of this caught God by surprise. He brought me here to Pampa, close to my family, and He has filled my life with so many good things. I am so blessed!

God can work through your situation like He has in mine. There's nothing too hard for God, if we come to Him in faith and believe. “Whoever humbles himself as this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.” Simply believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment