Thursday, April 26, 2012

Feels Like Home

One of the hardest things about moving to Pampa two years ago was leaving my friends and the church I attended in Amarillo. I knew it would be hard to find a church like that one. This past Sunday, though, I officially became a member of Briarwood Church.

There are a lot of great churches in Pampa. I visited several of them when I first moved back here but mostly went to church with my mom. I started visiting Briarwood's Wednesday night Bible study last August. It was a study on prayer, and I liked it a lot. Then, I got up my nerves and went to a Sunday service. It felt like home!

I already knew many of the people there. Some were friends from high school. The other people seemed to know my name right away.... I guess it's hard to miss someone in a big scooter sticking out in the aisle! Everyone was friendly and made me feel welcome.

I've been attending church there since August and even started going to Sunday school. A few weeks ago, Pastor Hancock had a membership class. I went to learn more about the church and what it believes. I had been praying about it and really wanted to join the church. After the class, it seemed like I was meant to be there.... so I took the plunge! Now, I am a member of Briarwood Church, and I'm glad to be there.

I don't have to travel far to get there either. I can look out my front door and see the giant cross atop Briarwood. Instead of the 25-minute drive that I had in Amarillo, I can get to church in three minutes (two-and-a-half if I step on it).

I still don't know everyone's name, but I'm learning. I believe this is where God wants me to be, and I'm looking forward to all He has in store for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment