Thursday, January 12, 2012

Ups and Downs

The first primary of the 2012 election was a real let-down. I turned on the TV at 7, and the race had already been called for Romney. I was hoping for at least a little excitement, but it wasn't even close! Ron Paul was a distant second place at 24 percent (Who knew there were that many potheads in New Hampshire?).

No one else even came close to Romney. Now, the candidates have moved on to South Carolina, where Romney is in the lead again and appears to have smooth sailing to clinch the Republican nomination.

But I could be wrong. In 2008, I predicted Hilary Clinton to win the Democrat race and Rudy Giuliani for the Republicans. Boy, was I wrong then. My predictions were completely off. So, with that track record, I think I can safely predict that Barack Obama will win by a landslide.... for dog catcher!

I don't see how Obama could possibly win re-election with his record over the last four years. But stranger things have happened.

I had high hopes for Rick Perry, but he's fallen into oblivion in the polls. Gingrich looked like he was coming on strong in Iowa. Now, he's dropped back. Huntsman is too liberal. Bachmann is out of the race, and as Brit Hume said, Ron Paul has as much chance of winning as Ru Paul. That leaves Romney and Rick Santorum.

I really like Santorum. He's clearly one of the most conservative. I like what he stands for, and he's probably the most honest candidate in the pack. He should do well in South Carolina and the southern states. I hope Santorum can win, but I'm OK if Romney is our nominee. Romney would be a great president.

I'm not making a prediction, though. I'll stick with predicting the weather. I'm much better at that!

No comments:

Post a Comment