Thursday, January 26, 2012

Flashback

I dug through some of my old blogs about the 2008 election and came across this post from Feb. 26, 2008, where I made some predictions and poked fun at the candidates. I thought it would be fun to re-post it now and let you see what I wrote back then. Hope you enjoy this look back!

******

I'm Chris Ely, and I approve this message . . .

I am a Fox News junkie, and I am lovin' all the political coverage, especially all the sniping between the two Democrat candidates. My favorite exchange was when Hillary accused Barack Obama of political plagiarism but drew boos from a Democratic debate audience when she ridiculed him as the candidate of "change you can Xerox." That was just too funny.

Now Fox News has some really great political pundits. Dick Morris. Newt Gingrich. Bill Kristol. Juan Williams. They all have their predictions for the upcoming election. But I can opine as well as anyone else, so I thought it was time I put forth my own set of predictions for the 2008 presidential race. Here goes:

Hil-Billy Clinton will win the Texas primary on March 4. She'll also narrowly defeat Osama-bama in Ohio, and, after a nasty fight, will go on to capture the Democratic nomination.

The Republicans are also in for a battle as Mike Huckabee keeps his vow to stay in the race until the convention. I've got to admire Huckabee for his conviction and determination, but he should really bow out after the March 4 races.

In the end, John McCain will get the GOP nod. Not my first choice, but he is a strong candidate and can handle the dirty tricks the Clintons are sure to try. It's gonna get ugly, trust me.

Now, at the convention, 'ol Hil will pick New Mexico Gov. Billy-Bob Richardson as her running mate, while McCain will make a smart move and put Condoleezza Rice on the GOP ticket.

So, on the Democrat side, you'll have a woman, sort of, and a minority. And on the Republican side, you'll have a female minority with McCain.

It's going to be the nastiest, knock-down drag-out fight for the White House (I can't wait). But when the dust settles and the votes are in, it will be . . . President John McCain.

After the election, Hillary will divorce Bill and send him packin' and Bill will move into the Playboy mansion. Barack Hussein Obama will go back to the Senate, where he will continue to do nothing for four more years. Huckabee and Romney will get spots on McCain's Cabinet, and Hillary will join Algore on the list of forgettable Democrats.

Now, I could be totally wrong in my predictions, and if I am, sue me. But if I'm right, I want my own show on Fox. Happy voting, everyone!

1 comment: