Thursday, October 20, 2011

So Long, Mac!

I said goodbye to a good friend this week. Mac and I spent a lot of time together, especially in the last couple of years. I will miss spending time with Mac.

Mac was very smart. Whenever I had a question about anything, I could always turn to Mac to find the answer. Mac helped me in so many ways over the years. We did nearly everything together. We played games together; we listened to music; Mac even helped me with my writing.

I noticed Mac starting to slow down in the last couple of years. There just wasn't the same zip as there used to be. Mac's memory wasn't what it used to be either. It wasn't Mac's fault. Mac was getting really old.

Mac had several procedures in recent years, and that seemed to help for a while. But, over time, Mac started to slow down again. Some days, it seems that all Mac wanted to do was sleep. And, after so many years of working hard and doing so many things, Mac deserved the rest.

It was really hard to let go of Mac, but I knew the time had finally come. Yes, it was time to pull the plug.

So, with great sadness, I bid farewell to my Apple iMac G3 Bondi blue computer! I loved you, iMac!

And though I got another computer several years ago, it can never replace you, Mac. Sure, it has a flat screen and more speed, but it's not the same. It will never be the same again.

So long, Mac!

No comments:

Post a Comment