Monday, October 21, 2019

Another Year

I turned 51 on Saturday.  I'm thankful that I made it another year.  I view each day as a gift from God.

My life isn't perfect.  It's not about being perfect but about being the best I can be every day.  Each day is a new opportunity to become a better person and to grow. It's a chance to make a difference in someone else's life.

I like to say life is like a journey.  It's a long and winding road to reach our destination. There's many things to see along the way, but there's also some bumps in the road.  There may even be a few detours along the way.

I read some good advice from motivational speaker and syndicated columnist Rick Kraft that I wanted to share:

"Wake up each morning and tell yourself you are going to be the best version of you today. You have only a few hours to accomplish this before putting your head back on your pillow and forever closing out your day. Don’t strive to be perfect, but make good individual choices to be better than you were yesterday." 

Kraft also said, "Each day strive to improve and grow. Improve your relationships and learn something new. Use your gift set to help others to leave behind something when you are gone."

That's good advice.  I don't know what the next year will hold, but I want to make the most of each day. I want to be a better friend, a better Christian and a better person this year than I was last year.  The goal is to finish strong, and that's something I think we should all strive for.

2 comments: