Sunday, January 13, 2019

Through It All

It was five years ago today that I had neck surgery to repair and prevent further damage from spinal stenosis.  It was quite an ordeal.  The surgery turned out to be the easy part.  It was the months of recovery and therapy that followed that proved to be the most challenging time for me.

I want to thank God today for bringing me through it.  I can testify that God is good!  In one of the hardest times in my life, God was with me through it all. 

Thinking back on that time, it reminds me how important it is to live life to the full and make the most of the time we have.

"Too many people die at 20 and are buried at 80,” said Robin S. Sharma, the best-selling author of The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari. "We start life with great hopes for our future, but sometimes the pressure of the life causes us to lose our dreams or just settle for less."

John 10:10 says, “I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.”  We all face unexpected challenges as we go through life, but God is here to help us, to lead us and to give us life to the full. 

No comments:

Post a Comment