Monday, June 18, 2018

A Better Life Ahead

I've often wondered how different my life might have been if I hadn't been born with cerebral palsy.  When I was younger, I sometimes felt like I was missing out on some childhood games.  I missed climbing trees.  I missed running and playing baseball.  I missed swimming with my friends.  I just felt like I was missing out on life.

I now realize I'm not missing anything because the best is yet to come!

That's the message behind Randy Alcorn's book, Heaven.  He says our present lives are just a taste of what we'll experience when we get to heaven.  Real life is just beginning when we cross over to the other side.  He tells readers to imagine what it will be like to run beside God, laugh with God, discuss a book with God, sing and climb and swim and play catch with God.

If that's not enough to excite you, pick up a copy of this 550-page book.  It will definitely make you long for heaven while living on earth.

We've all heard the old saying “You only go around once on 'this earth, so grab for whatever you can."  For a lot of people, they think this present life is all there is.  Alcorn's book shows us this life is just a shadow of our eternal life — a life far better and one that will never end.

He believes we will get a second chance to have our dreams fulfilled.  Heaven will offer us opportunities we had wished for but never had.  We will get to do things in heaven that we weren't able to do on earth.

That gives me new hope!  In heaven, when I have a perfect, resurrected body, I will run, I will swim, I will play ball, and I'll get to do all of it WITH Jesus!  That's exciting to me.

I could write a lot more about heaven, but I encourage you to make sure heaven will be your eternal home.

No comments:

Post a Comment