Thursday, May 5, 2016

What Now?

The people have spoken loud and clear: They want a loudmouth as their next president.  Whether it will be Trump or Hillary, we're headed for big trouble.

I was disappointed that Trump handily defeated Ted Cruz in Indiana's primary and even more disappointed that Cruz suspended his campaign Tuesday night.  Cruz was our best hope for returning to a nation founded on Judeo-Christian traditions.  Trump and Hillary are sure to take the country further and further away from our Christian heritage.

The good news is our hope is not in a man, and it's not in the government.  Our hope is in the Lord.

Even if Cruz had been successful, he isn't the answer to all of the country's problems -- God is the answer.  Ted Cruz is a godly leader, and I know he's concerned about the future of the country.  If he's not our president, he would be a good Supreme Court justice!

So what do we do now?  We keep doing what many people are doing already: Pray!

Today is the National Day of Prayer.  I hope you will spend some time today praying for the country and its leaders.  There are prayer gatherings scheduled today in many cities, including one here in Pampa at noon.  Pray for America and its leaders. 

In 2 Chronicles 7:14, it says, "If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land."

That's what is needed.  It's not too late to turn this nation back to God.  He answers prayer!  He hears us when we pray.  So don't be discouraged by the political events this week. I'm not discouraged.  Even though my man Cruz bowed out, I still have hope because I know God is faithful, and He will never leave us nor forsake us.

Keep your focus on God!

No comments:

Post a Comment