Friday, December 18, 2015

Christmas

WARNING: This blog contains a message that may be offensive to some.  I'm going to say it anyway..... MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

There it is.  I said it, and I'm not sorry, even though some people want those words banned.  One dopey principal in New York wants everything related to Christmas and God eliminated from the public school system.

At one school in Brooklyn, Santa Claus is banned. The Pledge of Allegiance is no longer allowed.. “Harvest festival” has replaced Thanksgiving, and “winter celebrations” substitute for Christmas parties.

The dopey principal, Eujin Jaela Kim, has given the school a politically correct scrub-down, to the dismay of many teachers and parents.

“We definitely can’t say Christmas, nothing with Christmas on it, nothing with Santa,” PTA President Mimi Ferrer said administrators told her. “No angels. We can’t even have a star because it can represent a religious system, like the Star of David.”

A memo last month from assistant principal Jose Chaparro suggested a “harvest festival instead of Thanksgiving or a winter celebration instead of a Christmas party.” He urged staff to “be sensitive of the diversity of our families. Not all children celebrate the same holidays.”

If I went to that school, I would go out and buy a bunch of Merry Christmas shirts and wear one every day!  If I got suspended, I would just enjoy my extended Christmas break!

I guess I shouldn't be surprised by this.  The Bible says as followers of Jesus we will be persecuted and even hated:  "In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, while evildoers and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived."

In the end, though, this principal reversed her decision because of the protests from students and parents.  Christmas will still be celebrated.  But this principal is still a dope!

No comments:

Post a Comment