Thursday, July 25, 2013

Finding The Will of God

It's a question most of us ask at some time in our lives: "What is God's will for me?" I've asked this, especially during hard times or times of change in my life. We may say things like "I really don't know what God wants me to do." The Bible has a lot to say about finding God's will for our lives.

Romans 12:1 tells us to "present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God."

From this verse, we learn there are three desires that God has for each of us. He wants us to present our bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God. He wants us to reject the evil ways of the world and to be transformed to holiness, and He wants us to renew our minds and focus on what is good and perfect in the eyes of the Lord.
 
Another question we often ask is "What is God's will for my future?" We don't need to worry about the future God has for us. Certainly, we would all like to know what God wants for our future, but it's more important to know what He wants for us today.

If we trust God to direct our path day by day, He will take us where He wants us to be and will use us as He desires. By living for God each day, we are open to be molded by God into the person He wants us to be. In Ephesians, Paul tells us that we are called to serve the Lord and to be like Jesus. If we are open to His will in our lives and we ask Him to lead us, He will direct our steps.

This reminds me of one of my favorite verses in the Bible, Jeremiah 29:11: "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

If you are uncertain about the future, look to God's Word and He will show you the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment