Thursday, July 14, 2011

Deal or No Deal

Obama is up to his tricks again. Dirty tricks. Republicans and Democrats have been locked into a battle over the debt limit for weeks. Now, Obama is trying to scare senior citizens, saying they may not get their Social Security checks in August if the debt ceiling isn't raised. He's hoping seniors will flood their congressmen with calls urging them to vote to raise the debt.

It may be working. Some senior citizens are really afraid they won't get their check next month. Many of them rely on these checks just to survive. I want to get my Social Security check, too, but I'm not falling for Obama's scare tactics.

First, it's just not true that Social Security checks will be withheld in August. Obama lied. There is enough money coming into the government to cover Social Security and the salaries of our military servicemen.

Second, I'm not relying on the government for my living. If something happens to stop my check, God will provide! He has always met my needs, and I know He is faithful.

Shame on Obama for trying to scare people and hold seniors hostage in the debt dilemma! If anything has to be cut because the government can't pay its bills, it should be Obama's salary and the pay of congressmen.

After paying into Social Security all their working lives, senior citizens have a right to expect their checks. It's THEIR money.

I hope a deal can be reached by the Aug, 2 deadline to keep the government from shutting down, but it must be the right deal. Republicans should stand their ground on no new taxes and balancing the budget. A deal can be reached if Obama would get off his high horse and do what's best for the country. If he doesn't, he will pay a high price for it in the next election!

No comments:

Post a Comment